Disclaimer: The views expressed by the external resources on this page are their own and do not necessarily represent the official views or policies of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) or the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). The information contained therein should not be considered substitutes for individualized care and treatment decisions.
*Please note that we do not accept unsolicited requests to add resources or links to this page.
SOAR TA Center Articles
- SOAR Employment Conversation Guide
- SOAR and Employment for SSI and SSDI Beneficiaries
- SSI/SSDI and Employment: A brief overview of work incentives
- Yes you can work!
- Finding Employment Services for People Experiencing Homelessness
SOAR TA Center Tools
- SSDI Trial Work Tracking worksheet (DOCX)
- SSI Benefits & Work: Worksheet (DOCX) | Calculator (XLSX)
- SOAR and Employment Integration Infographic
Social Security Administration (SSA) Resources
- SSA's Office of Employment Support Programs
- SSA's Ticket to Work - Access to Employment Support Services for Social Security Disability Beneficiaries Who Want to Work
Association of Persons in Supported Employment (ASPE): Improves and expands integrated employment opportunities, services, and outcomes for persons with disabilities
Cornell Institute on Employment and Disability: “Helping make possible the full participation of people with disabilities in the workplace, the community, and society."
Other Tools & Resources
WA Pathways to Employment Benefits Estimator: Great resource from the State of Washington aimed at helping those with a disability make informed decisions about going to work.
Right Direction: A website aimed at raising awareness about stress and depression in the workplace, demystifying the symptoms and treatments, and providing individuals the information they need to get help. Right Direction is also a first-of-its-kind initiative that gives employers the tools they need to address depression in the workplace.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Homeless Veterans Program: Housing Toolkit
- The Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation offers an online technical assistance service to organizations providing employment services to people in mental health recovery. To learn more about the service or to begin the technical assistance process, contact Rick Forbess, Project Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WIPA National Training and Data Center provides comprehensive training and technical assistance to Work Incentives Planning and Assistance (WIPA) projects, the Ticket to Work Help Line, and community partners to ensure accurate and timely support for beneficiaries on the road to employment and financial independence.
- One Stop Centers provide job seekers with job listings, job finding workshops, and access to computers, copiers and fax machines.
- Ability Jobs provides a dedicated system for people with disabilities to find employment and enhance their professional lives.
- Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCEP) is a community service and work-based job training program for older Americans. Authorized by the Older Americans Act, the program provides training for low-income, unemployed seniors. Participants also have access to employment assistance through American Job Centers.