Date and Time:
Ensuring equity in SOAR program implementation requires providers to consider how implicit bias may contribute to disparities in how SOAR services are accessed by and delivered to diverse groups. On this webinar, the SAMHSA SOAR TA Center will address barriers to equity in SOAR implementation and present strategies to overcome them.
SOAR providers will share how they use internal and local data to ensure diverse groups are accessing their services. Panelists will also share how community demographics, (race, ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, and justice involvement), impact access to SOAR programs and present strategies for recognizing and reaching individuals that are underserved. SAMHSA SOAR TA Center staff will share revised, equity-focused SOAR products and tools designed to support SOAR initiatives in their efforts to achieve equity and inclusion in program access and participation.
The webinar will include a panel discussion of a diverse group of SOAR providers who are working on creating equitable and more culturally relevant SOAR programs in their communities.
The goal for this webinar is to:
- Share work being done at the SAMHSA SOAR TA Center and in SOAR communities around the country in the areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Ensure diverse groups with lived experience are genuinely represented and involved in efforts by SOAR communities to address inequities and disparities.
- Illustrate how SOAR partners can work to provide SOAR assistance that is equitable, culturally relevant, and inclusive by addressing the barriers associated with implicit bias and trauma.
- Dazara Ware, SAMHSA SOAR TA Center, Assistant Director, Delmar, NY
- Jill Hillebregt, Social Security Advocacy and SOAR Supervisor/SOAR State Lead, Minnesota Department of Human Services, Housing and Support Services Division, St Paul, MN
Panel Discussion Members:
- Jennifer Ankton, SOAR Local Lead, WellCare Services, Las Vegas, NV
- Kas Causeya, Program Director, BEST/Central City Concern, Portland, OR
- Amy Lamerson, SOAR State Team Lead, Housing Now for Homeless Families (HNHF) Director, COHHIO, Columbus, OH
- Justin Volpe, Jail Diversion Peer Liaison, Community Health of South Florida, Inc., Miami, FL
- Slide Presentation (PDF)
- Webinar Recording
- Viewing ASL Interpreters in WebEx
~ Live Captioning and ASL Interpretation will be provided. ~