In this webinar, the SAMHSA SOAR TA Center, the Social Security Administration (SSA) and SOAR leaders shared empowering and myth-busting information about working while applying for and receiving SSA benefits.
Presenters provided information on SSA work incentives and resources available to applicants and beneficiaries. The SOAR Ta Center shared our new Yes You Can Work flyer and conversation guide written for providers to use in the field when discussing the benefits of work. Participants also heard from a local SOAR providers who shared their experience providing integrated SOAR and employment supports in the community.
- Kristin Lupfer, Project Director, SAMHSA SOAR TA Center, Policy Research Associates, Inc.
- Rachel Vincent, Employment Policy Team, Office of Research, Demonstration, and Employment Support, Social Security Administration
- Len Statham, Director of Employment and Economic Self Sufficiency Initiatives, New York Association of Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services
- Rand Hahn, BS, CSW, Veterans Program Specialist, Division of Veterans Services, Wausau, WI
- Colleen Rinken, MEd, LPC, CSAC, ICS, VORP Clinical Coordinator, Wisconsin Department of Health Services, Madison, WI
- PowerPoint Slides (PPTX)
- Webinar Recording
- SSA's The Red Book (PDF)
- SSA's Working While Disabled pamphlet (PDF)
- Yes, You Can Work! Infographic (PDF) (Text Alternative)
- Employment Conversation Guide (DOCX)
- Employment Conversation Guide-Sample Responses (DOCX)