Welcome to SOAR in Utah!!!
The SOAR effort in Utah is a statewide initiative to improve SOAR collaboration, coordination, consistency and connection across the state of Utah, increasing access to the disability income benefit programs administered by the Social Security Administration (SSA) for eligible adults who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and have a mental illness and/or a co-occurring substance use disorder in Utah.
Utah's overarching SOAR goals, objectives and strategies include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Increase the number of successful SSI/SSDI applications at the initial application level and decrease waiting times for client SSI/SSDI approvals
- Increase the number of SOAR trained and certified case managers committed to providing intensive up-front case management assistance using the SOAR model
- Identify specific SOAR needs and provide technical support to new & incumbent SOAR-trained staff and trainers
- Work closely with local/regional planning teams to ensure quality and consistency among all SOAR providers statewide
- Explore various strategies for ongoing funding sustainability and growth
- Educate stakeholders across the state and create buy-in for the program's implementation within their respective communities, agencies and staff
- Build upon the foundation of supportive relations with the Social Security Administration (SSA) and Disability Determination Services (DDS)
- Serve as a leader in high-level quality and quantity of completed SOAR applications and approvals nationwide
- Collect and report outcomes and sharing of SOAR data across the state of Utah
Honor the requirement of submitting/assisting with SOAR claims using the full SOAR model.
Track outcomes of applications (# of applications submitted, decisions, time periods, etc.) for all adults served under this initiative.
Direct feedback of the mock claim submitted during the training
Receipt of 20 CEU credits from NASW